Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greggarchibald

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I have about 10 old .wav file that were originally downloaded onto my PC before I switched to Apple. I then imported to my apple by using an external hard drive.

the files are about a minute each - so, not particularly big. They are assigned to quicktime by default, which won't open the files. Neither will real player. I have tried in itunes too - but unsuccessful.

Any thoughts?

Gregg

greggarchibald

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
didn't work

Thanks, I just downloaded VLC and it didn't recognize the codec. It gave the error with the following (undf). Not sure what it means.

Anything other suggestions

untamedhysteria

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2005
are you sure they are really true .wav files? maybe try changing the ending with .aiff instead...since wav is for windows and .aiff is for mac...i don't remember exactly but i thought my wav files worked just fine...i burned them to cd and transfered then that way into itunes...maybe try that...

baleensavage

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
On an island in Maine
You can also download (cringe) Windows Media Player for OS X. It's a bad app, but it should play your wmv files. I've tried to find a way to convert my wavs to movs, but have not had any luck. I've noticed some problems with VLC and wmv files.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.