Need Help Please - iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DocStone, Jun 4, 2010.

1. DocStone macrumors regular

DocStone

Hey all,

I know this is a stupid question and I have tried doing some research but i am a bit confused.

I have AT&T and never jailbroken my 3GS iPhone. I hate the limitations that AT&T and Apple place on me and would like to open it up just for tethering. I know AT&T is supposed to release it but I don't want to pay extra for something I won't use much - just out on the road.

Can I use Spirit or Blackra1n and still use AT&T? What is the safest way to go about it and should I worry that the phone might go to crap?

Thanks for the help.

2. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

With an iphone 3g or 3gs, running firmware 3.1.2, you can use blackra1n and be tethered (not internet tethered). you have to plug your phone i to a computer and run blackra1n every time you want to restart your phone. Annoying sometimes, but livable (what im using now) and if you want to sell your phone later on down the line, you can unlock it and sell it for A LOT more.

OR, if you are on firmware 3.1.3, you can jailbreak with Spirit, NOT be tethered (able to restart your phone and not have to worry about plugging it in. BUT, there is no unlock for Spirit at the moment....but as for right noe, you are on at&t so tha doesnt matter unless you want to sell your phone.

And with both jailbraking tools, you can instal Mywi and tether as much as you want. Hope that clears is up for you :)