need help please somebody lol

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wade1981, Oct 9, 2011.

1. wade1981 macrumors newbie

ok so my little sis gave me her macbook and ive tried just about everything the issue is this
    panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0043913F): unable to find driver for this platform : \"ACPI\".n"@/sourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.15.4/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1407
    Debugger called <CPU 0>. Frame : Return Address ($ Potential args on stack)

etc etc etc
    BSD process name corresponding to current thread : unknown
    Mac OS version: not yet set
    Kernel version:
    Darwin Kernel Version 9.8.0

and in front of that the you need to restart computer in four different languages

I dont know what to do nothing seems to be working holdiing buttons down what should i do:(

2. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

3. wade1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

common its better to laugh at something like this cause its very frustrating i must have spent like two hours with google trying to figure this out and i cant find anything

4. fullojellybeans macrumors regular

5. wade1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Tell a joke. Lots of people laugh at jokes. :p

Seriously now... It's called a kernel panic, it's the equivalent to Windows' blue screen of death.

You haven't told us much about this. Does it happen all the time or is this the first time you have seen this? Which MacBook is it? Are you just having a problem turning it off? (You should be able to hold down the power button for ~10-15 seconds to turn it off, if that doesn't work unplug it and take out the battery (unless it's not removable (which is why it would be nice to know the model (DETAILS!))))