Need help please: Unlock Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SteffiT, Dec 9, 2010.

1. SteffiT macrumors newbie

SteffiT

I have an iPhone 4 that I used greenpois0n to jailbreak, running on 4.1 OS & baseband 02.10.04. I sync it with my iTunes.

I am trying to help my friend. He has an iPhone 3G that we need to UNLOCK. Another friend of his did it for him using redsnow, but the spring board is crashing a lot. He is on 4.2.1 OS & baseband 06.15.00. I have read some stuff online, & it looks like we need to downgrade his baseband to 05.15.04? Is that right? Is that what will make it stop crashing?

If so, how do I do this? Can I hook his phone up to my computer & fix it?

I can start all over with this phone too, he doesn't need to save any contacts or anything. I hope someone can help me :confused:

2. PinoySaMI macrumors member

PinoySaMI

If you read carefully before you upgrade the BB to 06.15.00, it says cannot be downgraded nor upgraded to the next iphone BB.

I think your friend's 3G is stuck right now where it is at. You might want to re-do the entire process of JB and UN just in case some of the files were not loaded properly the first time. Sometimes this help.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Heis stuck on a Safe mode loop is because of bad app he installed, he need to remove all the app, if that doesn't work, restore using a Custom firmware (you can use the same he used before, since he is using the iPad BB), once he restore, download Ultrasn0w and unlock again. this time around tell him to no install everything under the sun on Cydia.

4. SteffiT thread starter macrumors newbie

SteffiT

Yes! Thank you! That fixed it. He downloaded a hacked version on some tethering program off of Repo & it was messing everything up. I deleted it, restarted it, and the problem went away.

Thank you so much for your help! :D