Need Help Please

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dowork, Jan 5, 2009.

1. dowork macrumors newbie

i want to buy an ipod touch, but i heard that they might be coming out with some new ones soon. if thats the case then id want to wait. does anyone know if theyre coming out with new ones or if the prices are going to drop anytime soon? thanks a lot

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

If they are going to release one, it will most likely happen tomorrow at the MacWorld Keynote. I'd wait a day and see.

3. dowork thread starter macrumors newbie

but that wouldnt come out for a while would it? i mean if it was going to come out at the end of the month or something then i would think about waiting, but if it was going to be released in like the summer then i probably wouldnt wait

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

no one knows expect Apple.

as with all computer equipment, dont hold off for something better else you'll be holding off forever. you can be guaranteed what you buy now will be cheap and better in a couple of months times. Best option is to buy what you can afford now and enjoy it like the rest of us.

Odds are yes, Apple will definitely release a newer faster better iPod. thats progress. all hardware manufacturers do. but when and how much is anyone's guess. probably around september'ish maybe and a similar if not higher price.

wait for news and rumors you'll wait all day. go and enjoy yourself in the here and now and go spend some money :)

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Well, if that happens then you could catch all the old iPods on clearance and get a discount. You also have 14 days from the time you buy it to return it (there is a restocking fee however).

6. dowork thread starter macrumors newbie

very true. i just didnt want to buy one and then have some new ones come out in a couple of weeks ya know. thanks a lot

7. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Not true. The last time the iPod touch got a spec bump was in the month of February and it was a silent release.
    So expect it either tomorrow or in February.

8. biikman macrumors regular

or just get it at bestbuy, walmart or target. longer return time, and no restock fee.

9. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Most defintly not.
    While, that may be true for Best Buy but not Target or Wal Mart.
    Wal Mart didn't lower the 1G prices at all when the 2G came out and I was at Target a couple weeks ago and they still had a few 160GB iPod classics but prices at the original $349.