Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ej2zo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Hey, I know there's a lot of battery threads out there but I'm afraid my message would get lost out there. So before I go to the apple store and exchange it, I just want to know if my iphone battery is normal.

On a day like today, I start off with a full battery around 11:00am, from there I did maybe 1 hour total of web surfing on edge.... 5 minutes of phone calls.... 15 minutes on wifi.... no text messages today.... no ipod use...I checked mail (which is on manual) 10-12 times... all my settings are on "battery beneficial" modes.... and now at 12:00 midnight I'm at 20%. My usage (which is not heavy at all) a day is like 3-4 hours. Basically, with light to moderate use of the phone, I cannot go a day w/o charging the phone.

I'm hesitant about exchanging the phone b/c I really like the LCD panel on this one. I don't want it to be exchanged for a crappy one.

Opinions PLEASE. :confused:

notnek

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
You're getting pretty good life out of it for what you're doing. Surfing the web for an hour on EDGE will drain it more than anything you're doing, and then add checking email on EDGE. I would try to stay on WIFI when browsing. Other than that, looks like you're getting some good life.

If you're still unhappy, try restoring it first before you take it to a store.

Rojo024

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2007
I had the same issue on my phone. I probly had slightly less useage than you did. I called apple and they had me try restoring the phone to factory settings. It seemed to help as I got 5.5 hours of usage today.

TravisReynolds

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
Seattle
I got the same problem, I started out great doing all that and still had plenty of battery left.

But I like that restoring iPhone trick.. I think I will try that. It would suck though to restore every time it does this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.