Need help: price difference in iMac 24 inch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Harpy007, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Harpy007 macrumors regular

Hi everyone,

I need your help figuring out a price difference on the apple education store in Canada. I want to buy a 24 inch iMac with the best processor (3.06 Ghz) and video card (ATI Radeon HD 4850). I also want to add the wireless keyboard and mighty mouse to the package.

I discovered that when I update the specs of the 2.93 Ghz model to match the 3.06 one, the 2.93 is actually 44$ cheaper even though everything is the same as the 3.06. I'm asking you guys if there is something I'm not aware of in the last model justifying the extra 44$.

Thank you all for you help!

Attached Files:

2. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

No, the models are physically identical internally.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Nope. It's just the fact that it is a BTO computer as opposed to a stock config. Might I suggest if you are going to get the higher-end going somewherelse, where it will be cheaper.

4. Harpy007 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the quick reply! Might I ask where would you suggest I buy the 24 inch? Also, do you guys think a new update is inbound like the recent rumors are suggesting? I wouldn't want to buy the best iMac just to find out that a new, better and cheaper one is for sale 2 weeks from now :rolleyes:

5. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Amazon.com