Need help printing in Numbers!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shuffles, Jun 12, 2010.

1. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

I'm new to numbers and I've been creating files but I'm having trouble trying to print them. When I click print preview it won't print the whole page (it cuts off half the width of the spreadsheet). Theres too many columns across and it divides the page in 2 and tries to print the first few columns on a page and then the remaining columns on another page. Eg, my headings are: date, name, ebay id, address, product description, cost price, retail price, postage, listing fee, paypal fee and final value fee. It will only print up to product description and puts the remaining headings on a separate page. I've tried reducing the space in between the columns to make it fit better but still doesn't work.

What can I do? I've tried to find a way to print in landscape mode but I can't seem to find it. I don't mind how many pages there are when I print the file but I need the whole document to be visible from left to right. I hope I've explained it right.

I's really appreciate any help.

Cheers.

2. jerry333 macrumors regular

jerry333

In the print window there is a menu that isn't obvious until you know. Initially it starts out with "Numbers" and is located in the middle. Click on that and choose layout.

The Sheet Inspector can also help.

3. shuffles thread starter macrumors 6502

shuffles

I figured this problem out 2 months ago but haven't used numbers since and have stupidly forgotten. I know that if i click on the numbers drop down menu in the print tab i can select layout and change to vertical printing instead of landscape but for some reason I have to select a minimum of 2 pages in order to change the layout to vertical. By doing so, instead of getting a complete continuous page of data it prints 2 sections per page ie breaking up the data into 2 parts.

I've tried selecting the 2 page minimum then selecting vertical page alignment and then changing the page minimum back to 1 but then it just prints my data in landscape mode.

Can anyone help? All I want to do is print my data in a continuous format vertically down the page instead of horizontally.

4. DELELA macrumors newbie

I need to make some numbers for our for rent signs as they keep getting stolen, and it is getting very expensive.It is too expensive to buy the stick on numbers because our phone number has six nines in it! Please help!Thank-you!