Need help purchasing/upgrading 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pokernut, May 9, 2010.

1. Pokernut macrumors member

Ok here's the deal. On a poker site I play on you can purchase items using player points, so I'm able to purchase the new 15" Macbook Pro. I receive it brand new in a box from their warehouse, not from Apple. The problem is that I would like to make some upgrades, mainly to a 1,680-by-1,050 glossy screen from the 1,440-by-900-pixel screen. My main problem is that the site doesn't do upgrades, they just have them sealed in a box and sent out when purchased.

So I'm wondering if I bring in the MBP to Apple, would they upgrade the screen for me if I payed for it. Or could I bring in the sealed MBP and have them exchange it for the upgraded model and I pay the difference.

I know this is a bit of a weird situation, just thought I would post it in case anyone has been in a similar situation and has some advice.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Apple with not do any upgrade like that. Your only options are either to get a stock 15" model or opt for a 17" model if you can for a higher resolution display.

3. Pokernut thread starter macrumors member

yeah thats what I was thinking.. thanks anyways

4. agn015 macrumors newbie

Just get the one through your poker site, then sell it and buy the one you want. You'll probably lose a little bit of money doing it this way but at least you'll get the computer you want :)

5. Pokernut thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I was also thinking of doing this.. but only if I would lose like $100 or something, because I'll have to pay an additional $110 to upgrade the screen. The main reason I'm upgrading to this MBP is because I'm not paying anything.