Need help/push in the right direction about uploading footage off my camera!!!! :(

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by RX25RYAN, Sep 11, 2010.

1. RX25RYAN macrumors newbie

I have a sony hdr-ux1e high definition dvd camcorder. It runs mainly on Microsoft software and comes with a Microsoft disc for simple uploading but I was just wondering if there is a way to upload the footage on to my mac book pro or am I doomed to constantly uploading it from a mates windows pc and transfer the rendered footage from a use drive always :( ...or worse It won't even be able to configure that :( please could some one drop me any ideas. All ideas would be greatful. cheers ryan :)

2. mangrove macrumors 6502

I don't have a Sony, but do have a Panasonic HD camcorder. The one thing I never do is insert the stupid disc that comes with my camcorders into my SD, but instead let iMovie find the camcorder. Never a problem for me. We have owned 3 different camcorders and all work with iMovie alibi the first one I had to buy an Apple FW400 to ? on the camera because it was an older Mini DV camcorder. I left windows 3 years ago and have NEVER regretted it since then!:D

3. Loa macrumors 65816

Loa