Need help putting music on my touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xmx250, Sep 14, 2007.

1. xmx250 macrumors newbie

Alright i have something like 900 songs on my old ipod. Only problem is none of those songs were backed up in itunes. The only place where they are stored is inside of my ipod mini...

Now i have my touch and i want to get all the music on my mini over to my ipod touch and permanently into my library. But how do i do that??????

i tried using "sharepod" to pull the music from my ipod mini onto my computer as music files then i was just gonna import the music files off my computer into my new itunes. Butttt for some reason when sharepod copied the music off my old ipod half of the songs showed up with red X's like the couldnt be copied... one of the errors i saw was "cyclic redudancy check". The funny thing is all of these songs play fine in my ipod mini....

I would really appreciate all the help everyone cause i'm not to good with my computers and i have no idea how in the world i would re-download half of my music. Thanks in advance

2. rmh macrumors regular

Try using yami-pod and see how that works out for you.

3. ZigZigZiggin macrumors newbie

What I do is use the Ipod like a disk. Open the Ipod (the Mini with all your songs) in windows explorer (like you would open a file off of a disk), while the mini is connected. It should be called "Removable Disk: John's Ipod" (or whatever). Go through the folders (don't remember the exact names) until you find the folder 'Music'. This folder will contain a bunch of folders names "F00", "F01", "F02", etc... Copy all these folder to your computer's hard disk (put them on the desktop if you want). Then move all of the songs (you will probably have to go folder by folder, but only the first 5 or 6 folders contain your songs) from these folders into your ITunes music library (just highlight them all and drag and drop them into the music library). Then connect your touch to the computer and move these songs from your itunes library to your ipod touch (just select all and drag them to your Ipod Touch). Sounds more complicated than it is. Hope this helps.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I guess this is a valid question.

is there anyway I can transfer video/musics from computer to iPod Touch without going trough iTunes?

I know somebody mentioned disk mode is disable by deafult?

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

there also is pretty neat program i ve used in the past called iDump it worked pretty good when i still used windows it's free also, you can give it a try...

6. Naz786 macrumors newbie

Idump vs iBook Compatibility

SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE........before I lose my mind

I have tried downloading iDump several times but it downloads as an exe file and just end up with a transcript which makes no sense. Is this because mac computers do not recognise such files? If so, is there a way around it? Also when I download it where exactly do I download it to?

Apologies for the many questions but I did try to follow the instructions provided on the iDump site but have got nowhere in hours.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks
    Stressed Out Bunny:confused::confused::confused:

7. PygmySurfer macrumors 6502

Yes, .exe files are Windows executables.

8. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

9. Naz786 macrumors newbie

Many thanks for the clarification

10. Naz786 macrumors newbie