Need help quick! Should I buy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rdunlap, Apr 25, 2016.

1. rdunlap macrumors regular

Mar 13, 2013
    So I'm literally in Best Buy right now and they have an open box 2015 MacBook for $909 which doesn't have a scratch on it. It's silver and has the setup of 8GB and 256GB SSD. I also have a $100 gift card and $50 coupon for student which would bring this unit to $815 after tax and everything out the door. I originally went into the store looking to buy the MacBook Pro that is for sale for $1200 with the same HD size and RAM and ended up seeing this as I was browsing. Just want to know if this is a good deal and if I should just get it for the savings. I don't do anything too crazy on the computer. Just social media, web browsing, watching videos, word processing and backing up of my iPhone and iPad. I figure if I get this unit I may be able to get rid of my iPad as well. I'm just worried about the performance on this machine. I don't want to get it if it's going to be slow. I would appreciate the feedback of what you guys think I should do.

2. boast macrumors 65816

Nov 12, 2007
    It would not be slow for any of those use cases. Best Buy will let you return it anyways within 15 days I believe.
  3. brewmonkey macrumors regular

Feb 17, 2016
    Some say video playback on the 2015s can be choppy. Have you seen any of that on yours, or are they all full of it?