need help quick

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paulshaqz, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i'm running the new iOS 5 beta i think i got beta 6 and forgot to update to the latest anyways now its at could not activate iPhone so my question is can i somehow get it started up and save my stuff like a new phone # and ect i forgot to save them yeah... i know i'm lazy. then update or am i just screwed? i hope someone can respond asap because i wanna resolve this issue right now.

thanks in advance

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

3. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

You'd be better off posting in the troubleshooting/help forums here.

4. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah that didn't work so well.

5. jrossjr macrumors newbie

Me too!

Yeah, im in the same boat! Anybody have any ideas? I was using beta 6 and never updated.. now my phone can't get past the activation screens.

6. jrossjr macrumors newbie

back in business

actually that youtube video worked for me. I was able to get into the phone and get beta 7 installed. Now i'm back up and running. I had to set it up as a 'new iphone' instead of an iCloud backup, but all of my data and apps were there once it completely. Now most of my music doesn't work, but i've heard thats a problem with beta 7. Oh well.. at least my phone works again

7. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats great cause it end up calling the police for me and now i'm stuck at dfu mode just to get to the stupid beta 7 and still lost all my ****!

8. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

Ur using betas for gods sake. Then you get lazy and not do what you are supposed to do and you get pissed. Sounds to me like you shouldn't even be running the beta in the first place.

9. mrwilson macrumors newbie

Mine won't actually emergency call. It says "Emergency Calls Only". I tried 911 and 112 as illustrated. I'm wondering if there's anything you can do at the Apple Store. I understand it's a beta and we're required to upgrade, but locking people out of their information when it could at least allow you to do a data backup isn't right. :mad:

I'll keep digging around for solutions. No backups here on my phone. Ugh.

10. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

it's too late for me as i already am stuck in dfu mode now trying to get it out of it its being stuck in iTunes i just hope i don't have to restart lion because of it.