Need help quick

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by melman911, Dec 18, 2009.

1. melman911 macrumors newbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok i think there maybe an easy fix to this....maybe not.

Have a MAC Pro and decided to install another hard drive to just run windows on. Went via boot camp and selected the second hard drive to install windows on. Followed the instructions. The system shut down then restarted. On the restarted it's telling me this on a black screen.

Select CD rom to boot from:

My keyboard won't work so i can't select an option. Any way to reset my computer? I know i should have probably gone to a pc wired keyboard? Don't know. Thanks for any help.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Restart via the power button on the Mac Pro, hold down the Option/Alt key right after the start up sound and select Mac OS X from the options.

Then in Mac OS X you set Mac OS X as the start up OS via System Preferences > Startup Disk.

Also a more descriptive thread title will help you solve the problem quicker.

PS: What instructions did you follow to install Windows? Boot Camp only allows windows to be installed on the same HDD, but n another partition. To do more, there has to be done more.

EDIT: Windows can be installed on another internal physical HDD with a Mac Pro. See wrldwrzd89's post.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Spinnerlys, that's true of every Mac EXCEPT the Mac Pro. The Mac Pro, since it has multiple drive bays, will permit dedicating a second drive to Windows. That said, Windows won't be able to set itself up without a wired keyboard and mouse. I'm surprised people don't realize this.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Thanks for correcting that.

5. melman911 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know....i am such a moron. I should have install a wired keyboard first.

Thank you so much hope it works. You're right about the thread.

6. melman911 thread starter macrumors newbie

WORKED!! Thank you so much!!