Need Help Quickly on Fresh Reinstall!

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Baylor2014, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Baylor2014 macrumors newbie

I am selling my Macbook Pro Retina tomorrow and I am doing a clean reinstall for the buyer. However, in order to re install the OS via the Recovery option with the Command + R at reboot, it needs an Apple ID to verify the OS X Yosemite download through the App Store. I am more than happy to use mine IF my Apple ID does not tie anywhere into the buyer's computing experience on this computer. Does anyone know if the OS install via my Apple ID will tie into the rest of the buyer's experience?

2. drew627 macrumors regular

Don't think so. You usually have to enter all your account information the first time you boot up after a clean install as long as it's a major upgrade or the same partition doesn't already have a newer/current OS installed. Hope somebody who's done it before can confirm this.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You are okay. That just allows you to DL the OS from Apple's servers and in no way attaches your AppleID to the machine.

Just make sure you tell the new owner to login to the App Store with their own AppleID and "purchase" Yosemite in case they ever need to restore.