Need help RE: Apple Hiring Event London

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ezme.thomas, Aug 2, 2011.

1. ezme.thomas macrumors newbie

Hi

I've applied for a position at Apple to work in one of their retail stores in London. They liked my CV and as a result im going to a hiring event. I dont have much work experience with ICT and i have little retail experience. Apparently this wont be a problem.

I'd like to know if anyone has been to any of these events and if so, what they are like, what to expect, what kind of people Apple are looking for...Anything advice really.

Thanks

Ez x

2. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

Hey there, yeah I ve been to one, regent street one 1 year ago. Basically 1st ull watch some kind of Video and and then there will be some introductions to each of the applicants, so make sure u have some nice punchy reasons why u want to work for apple, show ur passion. Ull do some quick role plays with each other as well.

I think the main thing is knowledge of Apple products or whatever is NOT important at all. They prefer someone passionate about the brand, but u dun need to be a techie at all. In fact i feel like the people who know less get the job!

3. SJRP14 macrumors newbie

Hi..

Just found this thread.

I also got an email to attend a hiring event in London. I am going to the
    one on Thursday and am really nervous about it.

The one thing that is confusing me is the dress code. I have read so many different things so not sure which to follow. I dont want to dress too smart and stand out when I get there. I also am not sure whether Jeans will be accepted or would it be perceived to be too casual..

Also if anyone could let me know what the hiring event entails. What should I expect from it

Any help would be gratefully appreciated..