Need help recovering photos and contacts!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by laviola072, Sep 22, 2013.

1. laviola072 macrumors newbie

Hi guys i have problems with my iphone 4S after restoring and updating to new IOS 7
    Here is goes:
    I have never sync my iphone to the itunes before.
    So yesterday i decided to update my iphone to IOS 7 using my Macbook laptop
    However the update was unsuccessful as the itunes prompt me an error
    I tried many times but still unsuccessful and i was stuck at the recovery mode
    So i then move to my windows laptop and update using the itunes
    During the update there is no options given to backup my contents
    So i procced for the update and it was successful.
    Now that my iphone running new ios 7 i choose to set up as new iphone.
    Later then i found out that all my content including photos and contacts are all gone.

So my questions is:
    Is there anyway that i can get my contacts and photos back given that i never backed up my iphone to itunes?

Thank you for your time guys and i hope someone can help me to solve this problem. =)

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Unless you had it syncing with iCloud, or backing up to iCloud, or had Photostream enabled, you may had lost everything.
    Before any major OS update you must back up...

www.icloud.com
    with your Apple ID and check what you have there.

3. thomasanderson macrumors member

Even that didnt work for me. Kept getting nothing but errors after a clean wipe with my backups on itunes and icloud. Good thing I have my trusty Android and google sync to actual web servers you can just copy the .csv file and voila. Apple wants everything done through them and their software, but when their software crashes on you, youre just screwed. Guess I just have to copy everything manually back to the iphone. Apple sucks

4. kyleaa macrumors regular

Considering you can easily set up both photo uploads via Google Plus and contact syncing with Gmail on an iPhone, it seems pretty odd that someone also invested in Android would not have done this.

Apple also uploads data to "actual web servers". It may not be as easy to retrieve, but the data is there.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

generally when the phone is at this point there's no data on it, having already been wiped which is why it is in recovery mode.

unless something was on iCloud it's gone.