Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackwhite999

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Hi guys,
Im use windows for only playing Fifa 15 game
I have a usb 16Gb 3.0 that why i need reduce windows 10 small size
I has try with Winreducer but get erro
anyone know to do that pls help
Thank so much!

pjTOix.png

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Don't attempt to install Windows on a USB thumb drive, as the flash memory in them is not designed to handle the I/O demands of an operating system. Buy a regular external hard drive or an SSD with an external enclosure.

This is, of course, assuming you have a Mac that is capable of allowing Windows to be installed on an external drive in the first place.

Reactions: c55

c55

macrumors regular
May 3, 2015
I have tried Windows 10 on a 3.0 usb and it doesn't run well at all. It took 5 minutes to load the desktop, there's no way it will be able to handle a game. Put it on your hard drive if you have the room, or buy a bigger HD if it's that big of a deal. I don't know what Mac you have, but if it's possible to do a dual hard drive setup, that may be your best bet.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Why not just buy a bigger thumb drive? They're cheap enough.

Terrible advice for the reason I posted above. 120-128 GB SSDs can be had for $60-70 on sale and an external enclosure for $10 or less. That is what the OP should use.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Windows 10 is still very new in every way (maybe), so using such utilities designed for previous Windows version would fail. And as previous posts mentioned, using USB 3.0 thumb is not a good idea.

In fact, if you don't do anything except playing game, 25GB on your internal drive is fairly enough. I now install Windows 10 as a boot camp, and I use 40. It is tight since I need to use Microsoft Office, Acrobat DC and some other stuff. But it works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.