Need help reinstalling Java

Discussion in 'macOS' started by squallstorm, Oct 16, 2008.

1. squallstorm macrumors newbie

I'm a windows user usually, and the mac laptop i have runs 10.4.11 osx. Java was not working well at all, and the windows that popped up when i clicked a link within the java app were completely blank and apps themselves loaded painfully slow besides. So being the adventurous person i am i deleted all java related files by opening a finder window and typing in java for a search. Well now the java update packages from apple are not loading at all, either saying that a newer version is installed, or in the case with the newest package, version 7 it just fails with no explanation.....I thought i could just click on all the files and restore to them to their original location like in microsoft windows, but now i realize i kind of screwed myself cause in the trash i don't see that option. So could someone tell me all the original folders java support files go. I would figure all you need to do is open a finder window like i did and tell me what folders show up. Or if you can offer aditional help, like how to reinstall java from scratch it would be most appreciated, thank you

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

My suggestion is an archive and install.

Don't forget to make a backup first.