need help reinstalling OS

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by hucchund22, Dec 4, 2010.

1. hucchund22 macrumors member

hello everyone,, i received this c2d mini today which i bought in ebay and i wanted to reinstall the operating system.. this is my second apple product,, the first is an imac g4 1ghz.. so what i did was just to apply what i learned from reinstalling the `os from my other mac.. whai i did was to insert the disc before restarting and then hold down "c".. but then after start up, a folder with a question mark appears and then normal start up.. did i miss to do something? or reinstalling an OS is different from a ppc and an intel?

btw, i tried formatting the hard drivethe hard drive using the disk utility but the only option available is to free some space which i did but did not erase the curent OS..

any help on this one please? thanks so much in advance,, :p

2. Stan Mikulenka macrumors 6502

Hi hucchund,
    you can reformat the HD only from the Install OS DVD.
    After selecting the the language you have to access the top menu & you'll have access the build-in Disk Utility on the DVD...

3. pacmania1982 macrumors 6502a

pacmania1982

It sounds like the version you are trying to install isn't for the right architecture.

Easiest answer is to go to your local Apple/Electronic Retailer and pick up a copy of Snow Leopard for the Mac mini. Its only $29. Would save you a lot of messing around

pac