Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robetteg1987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2022
Not long after checkra1n came out I jailbroke my wife's iphone 7 plus (256GB) however she didn't like it and wanted it removed. I apparently didn't remove all of the jailbreak stuff properly because even after several ota updates Pokemon go will not work.

I have seen a few posts on Reddit that explain how to remove all traces of jailbreak without a full restore but I was unable to try this until just recently because there wasn't a jail break for the newer iOS. I can't do a full restore because she has more then the allotted icloud photos and videos.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with the new palera1n jailbreak?

noiceT

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Catalina Wine Mixer
Not long after checkra1n came out I jailbroke my wife's iphone 7 plus (256GB) however she didn't like it and wanted it removed. I apparently didn't remove all of the jailbreak stuff properly because even after several ota updates Pokemon go will not work.

I have seen a few posts on Reddit that explain how to remove all traces of jailbreak without a full restore but I was unable to try this until just recently because there wasn't a jail break for the newer iOS. I can't do a full restore because she has more then the allotted icloud photos and videos.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with the new palera1n jailbreak?
I believe the only way to rid all traces of JB is a full standard restore. I ran into issues in the past running fortnite (when it was still playable) even with a semi-jailbroken reset. Save the headache and just restore. If you have icloud I'm not 100% sure, but I'm assuming you can be selectable in what is downloaded to the phone from icloud photos/videos no?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.