Need Help- replacement ipod touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by funkypigeon, Nov 21, 2011.

1. funkypigeon macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just got a replacement ipod touch, the home button on my previous one decided to stop working (how nice of it) & since it was still in warranty, I was handed a new one. I've just plugged it into my laptop, my music synced and I updated it with the newest software etc.

However I was just wondering is there any way I can get back my photos/notes and things like that from my previous one? I thought my photo's were on icloud but I've signed into icloud.com and there's none there :/
    which is odd because I definitely opted for using it when the new software update came out and I had a 'photo stream' album in my photos.

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated, I'm sure it's obvious but just in case it's not, I'm really clueless when it comes to Apple'y stuff and not the most technologically advanced out there :p And I'm sorry if this thread's in the wrong place or has already been made, it's my first time so gimme a break, cheers!

Oh and if it helps, it's the latest ipod touch version and I don't have a Mac laptop :)

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

how long did you have the photos in the photostream? They can only be in there for 30 days.

3. GeniusJon macrumors regular

Did you make a recent backup before returning to Apple? Restore to that particular backup.