Need help resetting 4 digit pass code

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by VitoTruepiano, Feb 23, 2017.

1. VitoTruepiano macrumors newbie

I need help resetting 4 digit passcode on my 1st generation I Pad Version 5.1.1

2. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

Sorry, but we don't know you or if the iPad is yours or stolen.

3. VitoTruepiano thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought this iPad brand new and gave it to my girl friend to use I got it back and someone put a pass code on it I own it I did not steal it how can I prove this is mine also it does not have a USB port
    --- Post Merged, Feb 23, 2017 ---
    I bought this iPad brand new and gave it to my girl friend to use I got it back and someone put a pass code on it I own it I did not steal it how can I prove this is mine also it does not have a USB port

4. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

Just plug it into a computer and restore as new from iTunes. You will lose all data on the iPad though.

5. VitoTruepiano thread starter macrumors newbie

I can do all things but reset my iPad what does it matter to who can help me reset it if it is mine or not and also if it was not mine and was stolen why would I advertise this lol I own this I Pad I am wanting to reset it after my girl friend or who ever got hands on it set a pass code

6. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

where did you buy it from? Do you still have the receipt? Who's Apple ID is it connected to?

7. VitoTruepiano thread starter macrumors newbie

I can do all things but reset my iPad what does it matter to who can help me reset it if it is mine or not and also if it was not mine and was stolen why would I advertise this lol I own this I Pad I am wanting to reset it after my girl friend or who ever got hands on it set a pass code

8. lidi macrumors newbie

lidi

9. VitoTruepiano thread starter macrumors newbie

I do not have any data on it and it does not have a USB port it is first generation

10. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

Yes, I know it doesn't have a USB port. Connect it to a computer using a 30 pin to USB cable.

11. VitoTruepiano thread starter macrumors newbie

This iPad is in my name all you need to know
    This iPad is in my name all you need to know
    I crossed txt hung sry I have my original power chord that came with my iPad so I can plug it in now to my friends Mac what should I do?

12. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

Open iTunes, and open the page for the iPad. Then press restore.

13. lidi, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017

lidi macrumors newbie

lidi

Hungx, He plugged his iPad into my Mac mini. Now what, please? He's clicking things. He can't find restore.

Is the restore on the iTunes web page under iPad or is it erase all content and settings in reset settings on his iPad???

14. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

[​IMG]
    Try to get to this screen. It may look different depending on the version of iTunes.

15. lidi, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017

lidi macrumors newbie

lidi

TY. He's in General, Settings, Reset... Should he click "erase all content and settings". When he does the screen asks for his password.
    I think we're going to the local Apple store to get hands on help. If that fails I can call other members in the Mac Users Groups. Thank you so much for trying to help us tonight. Good night.
    We did it!!!
    I went to iTunes on my computer and something showed, so I clicked it. It's resetting now.