Need Help: Restoring and Updating ipod to 4.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jacob's iPod, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Jacob's iPod macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I need some help... when I hit shift and click retore at the same time and choose the 4.0 restore firmware it keeps telling me that it is not compatible! Why? Oh and to let yall know my ipod is jailbroken running 3.1.3 if it helps. And the reason why i'm not just hitting restore and update itself is because our internet is so slow that it takes a couple of hours to download so i downloaded it from a different pc....

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

3. Jacob's iPod thread starter macrumors newbie

When I bought it the man said it was a 3gen 8gb but some apps and some programs say it is a 2gen so i just downloaded the iso4 for 3gen. But also tried the 2nd and it didn't work.

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Its basically a 2nd gen. iOS4 on 2nd gen is terrible and you dont get most of the features, like multitasking, wallpaper, etc.

5. iMac0765 macrumors regular

Plug your device into iTunes
    Go to iPod info screen
    Press Restore (don't press CTRL)

It will automatically download the official Apple firmware and put it on your device. Beware though, using this method will cause all downloaded files on your iPod touch to be deleted if not backed up first. You will lose your jailbreak if you jailbroke it.

6. Jacob's iPod thread starter macrumors newbie

what im trying to say is. want to unjailbreak and update it to4.0. and i cant use my nternet cause it is to slow so i have to use a different computer and the click+shift wont work and i need help!!!!!

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

What? You cant use internet?

8. Jacob's iPod thread starter macrumors newbie

why cant any of yall get what im saying!! i can use my internet but it is a little to slow to download anything so i had to use someone elses and i have to use the click restore+shift method to restore and update... and for some reason it says it is not cmpatible. i tried both 2gen and 3gen 4.0 firmware anvit doez not work! and im just asking for a solution!

9. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I get it now. Im not sure why.

If its any help, you wont get anything good (ie. multitasking, wallpaper, etc.).