Need Help Restoring From Backup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by p0ssumman, Jul 5, 2009.

1. p0ssumman macrumors newbie

I've recently had to wipe my iPhone 3G and, obviously, I now want to restore from a previous backup...Luckily enough I made a backup yesterday so I know all my messages etc are still around on my mac (somewhere!), the problem is as follows..

I click restore, select my 3.0 firmware and my iPhone restores, no problem..it then asks me which backup i'd like to use, I select the one i want and the progress bar appears and after about 10 mins it completes at which point I would assume it has synced my messages, notes etc back to my iPhone, just as i left it (obviously apart from the music and apps)...but it hasnt, i just get what looks like a default home-screen with no notes or messages...Can anyone shed any light on how i get my messages back as I have some important messages I really dont want to lose...

Thanks in advance!

2. p0ssumman thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE: After restoring again I now have my mail and notes etc all back on my phone, everything except my texts, is it even possible to retrieve them?..

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See the above and the thread that's linked. Supposedly your texts are backed up.