Need help restoring Iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by swtcheekies, Aug 3, 2009.

1. swtcheekies macrumors newbie

I know many people will probably say I'm very stupid for doing this, but I'm in a slum! I accidently pressed check for updates on my "unlocked" Iphone which I NOW know I wasn't supposed to do & then not being able to restore it because of an unknown error and because I also have to update it as well. :( What should I do?! Very confused at this point.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Just put the device into DFU Mode, or Recovery Mode, and do a restore in iTunes. Then you need to jaibreak the phone with redsn0w, and unlocked it with ultrasn0w. Please use google to find guides on how to do this simple task. There are a ton of guides with pictures/videos. :)

3. swtcheekies thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. I hope I can figure it out. I hope you'll let me contact you again if I can't get it.

4. swtcheekies thread starter macrumors newbie

I am doing all the steps right, but my iphone doesn't want to work. :( Is it because it's already unlocked?

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Did you try both methods? Nothing will show on the phone for DFU mode, and just turn off the phone completely, and press and HOLD the home button and connect the phone to the computer STILL holding the home button. :) I hope it works.

6. swtcheekies thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried both methods. It's so odd. When both methods were being used, the same thing pops up. Your ipod is in recovery mode, and asks it to be restored. Odd thing is that the update button is still in use as well. So it is asking me to restore and upate my ipod at the same time. I only want to restore it though.

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

I would hold the option key (mac) or the shift key (windows) and then click the restore button, and make sure that you are choosing the 3.0 IPSW.

8. swtcheekies thread starter macrumors newbie

It's still the same thing everytime. So weird stupid update button!

9. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

10. swtcheekies thread starter macrumors newbie

When I click restore, it tells me to restore and update it. I can't stop the update. I've also tried doing it on another computer.

11. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

So if you hold down the Shift key (if you're using Windows) or the Option key (if you're using Mac) and then click restore (while still holding it down) what happens then?

12. swtcheekies thread starter macrumors newbie

13. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000