Need help restoring to ANY ios version! ip4 stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by snurferb, Nov 11, 2011.

1. snurferb macrumors newbie

Hello, I've been around the web all day looking for a solution to fix my phone. Here is the background of what happened.

I have an iPhone 4 on AT&T. I use a MacBook Pro and have access to a PC.

I used green poison a while back to jailbreak using Umbrella and 4.2.1 package. I loved it, especially bitesms and lock info and decided today to jump to ios 5 since the update came out. So stupidly (I think) I downloaded the update on itunes and then clicked restore and update. iTunes did not like that and errored. Now the phone won't boot up and just showed the apple screen and then the skull. I used umbrella again and tried to just load 4.2.1 back on and it has not been working at all.

Now my phone is just at the itunes usb screen or I off. I've tried editing the host file. I've tried using umbrella with packages for 4.3.3, 4.3.5, and 4.2.1 none work. It just gets to the status bar and doesn't go anywhere. Then shuts off a returns to the usb screen. If I just use iTunes it errors at 1611.

Please help.

Thanks

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Do you know if you have SHSH blobs save for your phone? if not, you can go to any of the old firmware. You can only go to 5.0.1 now (other people said Apple stops signing OS5 now).

So, put your phone into DFU mode and restore it with Itunes. Itunes should restore your phone to the latest firmware.

3. snurferb thread starter macrumors newbie

When I jailbroke with umbrella last time I saved my shsh before doing it. Am I able to jump to 5.0.1? I tried earlier and it wouldn't let me. Thanks for the prompt reply.

4. snurferb thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is a screenshot from umbrella if that helps.

Attached Files:

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Just put your phone into DFU mode, Itunes will pop up telling you that your phone is in recovery mode, you will then hit restore and Itunes will restore your phone to the latest firmware which is 5.0.1.

6. snurferb thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done that before. That was the very first thing I did this morning. But I restarted and tried again and it gives me an error saying "The iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Any thoughts?

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

You have blobs save, so you should be able to restore your phone to any of that firmware. Make sure you have TU's TSS server running while restore to that firmware. Also, make sure your phone is in DFU mode and not recovery mode first.

8. snurferb thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you do Option + restore and pick OS5, it will no longer work because I heard that Apple stops signing OS5.

Anyway, you can restore to older firmware as I indicated on my last post.

10. snurferb thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, can you give me a quick step by step on how to use my older shsh?

11. snurferb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know what happens. I just tried going to 4.2.1 without umbrella and got error 1. so I'll try this and see.

12. snurferb thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried to restore to both 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 using umbrella in DFU mode and both times gave me that error: The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1).

Any suggestions?

13. snurferb thread starter macrumors newbie

So I went through redsnow's app and tried that. It didn't work, I got the same issue. error (1) after about 3/4 through the progress bar on my phone. I also just tried uninstalling itunes and re-installing and restoring. Did not work.

I just finally got it to work. I ended up finally trying it on a PC. I just went ahead and upgraded to ios 5 since that was all that was on it. ( I also just want a working phone and was planning on going to ios 5 anyway) That worked like a charm. I didn't use any tricks, just a simple restore and I now have ios 5 working fine and synced to my macbook. I'm not sure how it would have worked if I had wanted to keep my iphone 4 on 4.2.1 but I'm not bothered by that now.

Thanks for the help!

14. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

did you get error 1 or -1? im having a similar issue but I only have access to a pc. everytime I try to restore I get error -1. im not trying to downgrade or anything.