Need help restoring to factory settings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by npidzarko, May 12, 2011.

1. npidzarko macrumors newbie

So here is the situation,

My dad had an iPhone 3g with Rogers until he upgraded to an iPhone 4. Naturally I wanted to use his 3g but I am with VirginMobile making this a slight inconvenience. So I went ahead, jailbreaking with redsn0w then trying to unlock with ultrasn0w, this did not work. It would get stuck trying to turn on (froze on the :apple: screen. Right after I was confronted with this problem I went and told my dad the difficulties and then went to bed. the next day I got home from school and (after her doing some research) my mom found that Rogers and apple would do the the legal/easy/"right" way. So from here I went to restore the iPhone to factory settings, but here is the problem, I get the 1015 error.

Summery,

-iPhone 3g stuck in recovery mode
    -had iPad baseband
    -once restored with iTunes it will be unlocked with Rogers

Additional info:

Rogers and VirginMobile are Canadian service providers.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

1. Since your phone has Ipad baseband, it will not be able to restore to Apple's original firmware.
    2. Error 1015 is fixable. Download Tiny umbrella, run it and click on "exit recovery" while the phone is connected to your PC. It will boot up normally.

3. npidzarko thread starter macrumors newbie

is there anyway to get it off the iPad baseband ever?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Yes, if your Iphone has a bootloader 05.08. Try to run tiny umbrella and see if you are the lucky one to have this bootloader. If so, you should be able to downgrade your baseband.

If your phone has bootloader higher than 05.08, then it is impossible to downgrade baseband on your phone.

Good luck.

5. npidzarko thread starter macrumors newbie

dam... my bootloader is 5.9

so im screwed then :(

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Are you having to return your phone to Rogers/Apple? If all they need for the unlock is your imei, you're fine. You just have to make sure you only use custom ios software whenever you upgrade. You don't even have to install ultrasnow if your phone is factory unlocked.