Need help retrieving photos.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mintra, Oct 26, 2010.

1. mintra macrumors newbie

I backed up all my photos on my macbook onto my iphone4 before I erased everything and restore the hard drive. After reinstall Snow Leopard, STUPID me, I hit "sync" button on itunes thinking that my photos in the iphone would be transferred to my macbook. Now all of them were gone! Is there a way to retrieve these photos?

Please help.

2. mintra thread starter macrumors newbie

Although my iphone says there's no photos or videos, the contact pics are still there with each of my contact.

Anyone?

3. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

I don't believe so. Once the photos are taken off the phone that is it. Unless you had a backup of the phone made prior to the sync that removed the photos. But then, as far as I remember, the synced photos are not part of the backup. Could be mistaken on that.

As far as the contact pics, they are part of the contact data once you add them. They are saved there.

If you did not make a backup of your hard drive on something besides the iPhone, you are out of luck. Sorry :(

4. mintra thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much.

Fortunately, I still have most of those pics in my Nikon though. Now I'm gonna copy Safari's bookmarks and the iphone contacts one by one just to be safe.