Need Help Running Windows Programs/DAW'S for Music Production and Mixes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by juicyboy2011, Jan 10, 2013.

1. juicyboy2011 macrumors newbie

I am a DJ/Producer/Musician that is trying to get used to using these fricken macs when im doing stuff for music. I really need help because I feel like my passion about music is dying trying to figure out how to do this crap on macs...

I used to use my PC running Vista, I had Acid pro 7.0 and things were great. I used to make quality mixes and I was used to the platform of Acid... 1.5 years later, I have a great macbook with all the technology i need on it to do music related things but I dont know what to do. I am a still a noob unfortunately to macs but when I used PC's, everything was a piece of cake...

I want to run acid pro on my mac and also FLstudio9... Is there a better option to these DAW's that are strictly for mac's? I need something easy to get my feet wet and get my work going... Something similar to acid. Eventually, I can build up to something kinda complicated like logic...

If i do decide to run windows programs and primarily DAW'S on my mac, should i just run bootcamp where i just run 2 oper. systems? or Parallels where i run both at the same time? or Winebottler where i just open windows programs(.EXE files) ? I was hoping you guys can tell me if it messes with the quality if i use either of these options.

Please help guys,

Thanks

2. Ploki macrumors 68020

You don't mess quality with either, but if you do anything hefty you will need bootcamp. Virtual machine just doesn't offer enough power unfortunately.

I suggest you acquaint yourself with logic.

I went from Cubase/PC to Logic/Mac.

Considering Sony just ported SoundForge to Mac, there might be a slight chance Acid Pro is going to get ported as well. Don't get your hopes up though.

Nice alternative to Logic is also Digital Performer.

3. juicyboy2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply man,
    What i am really trying to accomplish is making some mixes. I was so used to making 80 minute or two hour mixes flawlessly on acid, and editing acappellas or beatmatching two tracks was a pain but when I finally did it, it sounded great. Will logic alow for me to do that as well? And do you know of any tutorials I can check out to make my transition a little easier?

Thanks