Need help Screen Sharing with sound

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dejournett, Mar 22, 2009.

1. dejournett macrumors newbie

So here's the deal: My friends and I go to boarding school. Internet goes off at 8 (so iChat screen share doesn't work), and we get pretty bored after lights out -10:30. We have found out, however, that if we load our favorite videos and such before internet goes out, we can screen share with eachother, pull up a sticky, and chat. Here lies the problem: sometimes we want to share something funny but it has sound. The integrated screen sharing feature on Mac OS X works fine for viewing things, but we can't get it to utter any sound while sharing.

Does anyone know of a third-party app or preference we can download/mess with to solve our sound problem, without the use of internet?

PS- we do have internet during the days so we can download things.

Thanks so much- Bored Boarder

*edit- We share screens using finder. We create networks, join eachothers networks, find their computer in the shared list, and click 'screen share'

2. dejournett thread starter macrumors newbie

Need internet for that.

You can't tell who's online without internet

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I think you can use Skype via Bonjour. Just use Skype and go to the Bonjour window (CMD + 5). I've never tried it though.

5. dejournett thread starter macrumors newbie

Need more help!

None of these work, not even bonjour, because you need internet to see the other person :(
    So, any other fresh new ideas?