Need help selecting a case.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jemstage, Sep 5, 2014.

1. jemstage macrumors newbie

i need a rigid case that could prevent macbook screen from bending and twisitn . u guys must be asking why i need it its because i have tourettes sometimes i might bend my laptop screen which i spoiled afew so pls intro

2. Kaenon macrumors regular

3. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

u sure it can withstand bending >

----------

which tech21 case should i buy

----------

is there anywhere i could custom make the case coz i wan metal one

4. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

5. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry what i meant was not the casin to store it but the casing to fit at the lcd there

6. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

7. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

help needed to choose i need a hard polycarbonate so the screen wont bend any one know which brand haves it

8. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

9. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

The two most common ones I've seen are made by Speck and Moshi. I've read mixed reviews from each depending on the size and type of your Macbook.

What size is it? Also, retina screen or classic?

10. ClayMac macrumors member

Got an iPearl case from Amazon for under 20 bucks. Its got got extendable "feet" that will angle macbook for typing or just go flat. The finish is opaque and looks like it wont scratch easily. I had a satin finish speck case before and that thing now looks like a cat attacked it. Ive only had the new case for a few days so take that for what its worth.

11. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

12. s0nicpr0s macrumors regular

s0nicpr0s

Looking on Amazon, the iPearl that ClayMac has is the highest rated with +500 reviews at 4.5 stars. Speck and Kuzy cases were both at a solid 4.

Take a look around on there and see if you can't find something that catches your eye. Also, you need to decide what sort of finish you want on the case. Some are a solid hard plastic, others are more rubberized that will feel softer and provide more grip. And as a little bonus with the iPearl, those extendable legs also help keep the MacBook a little cooler since air can circulate underneath it.