Need help setting "home" and "work" locations correctly

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dk143, Jun 20, 2013.

1. dk143 macrumors member

Am trying to use the "remainder me when I get to work/home" feature, but it doesn't work.

Looking into it a bit more, I think it is because these locations are not set properly.

So whilst at home, I went into maps, and used the blue pin to set my current location as my home. However, when I go to my contact and select this location, it takes me to a different part of my road, ie further along the road, and NOT actually where I live, and where I previously set.

The same thing happens at my work location.

I guess this is why I'm not receiving the reminder, because I don't ever reach the point that Maps thinks is the location.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this please?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Manually add your home and work address to your contact record. By manually I mean type it in yourself. Don't rely on the map. works for me every time. If you set a reminder properly you should see a hollow arrow in your status bar (as opposed to the solid arrow).

3. dk143 thread starter macrumors member

I've tried that as well. It comes up with a different point on my road, slightly closer to where I actually am, but not close enough!

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

then that may be a limitation of the maps application, usually inaccuracies in location data.

5. raggdoll macrumors regular

That's what it must be. Mine works for home, but at work the location reminder goes off 1/4 mile away.

I've tried everything, must be a map data thing :confused: