Need Help Setting Network Sharing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ejb371, Sep 28, 2010.

1. ejb371 macrumors newbie

So this is a pretty peculiar problem.. I'm a freshman at NYU, and we're not allowed to use our Xbox 360's here, for whatever reason; I mean we're not allowed to connect through our wired dorm connections. I'd really like to play, however, and I found an awesome guide for turning my Macbook Pro into a wireless hub, as it were, which puts out a network that my Xbox can pick up, enabling me to bypass the system. The only problem is, at the moment my system is telling me my NAT settings are set to strict, and there's so much in-game lag that I am completely unable to play any games. I was wondering if anyone had any fixes for this kind of issue? Once again, my set up goes

Wall jack --> ethernet--> macbook pro --> airport internet sharing --> Xbox wireless net adapter

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Not much you can do. The restrictions your University put in place may stop you from using an Xbox. They are controlling this through the use of a strict NAT. As this is all done before it reaches your dorm room, there is not much you can do.