Need Help Setting Up College Email on Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JRYAN34, Jul 3, 2008.

1. JRYAN34 macrumors newbie

I need help setting up my college email on my ipod touch. The web sites main page is edgewood.edu and the site where is log into my email is edgewood.edu/email/default.htm. How do I get this working. I am pretty dumb with this so please supply as much info as possible. Thanks Alot

2. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

ok so login to your email and go into settings. do you see anything about POP3, email forwarding or IMAP?

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

4. icecold0913 macrumors member

My school also uses an exchange server for email. I'm assuming I won't be able to use it on my Touch/iPhone until 2.0 comes out?

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

no i believe you can do exchange now, just not pre set up, go to add new account, exchange. From there you will need campus tech to set it up

6. JAT macrumors 603

7. phairphan macrumors 6502

phairphan

As JAT said, in order to get Exchange working right now your IT folks will need to enable IMAP via Exchange. Most shops are unwilling to do this. However, beginning next week with the release of iPhone/Touch OS 2.0 you should be able to access the Exchange server natively without the need for IMAP.

8. Mr$Whale macrumors member

contact your schoo's IT department for help and to find out if they even support this stuff.

mine provides no support for my blackberry. additionally the school's e-mail filters quarintine anything that comes from my phone and the blackberry servers, and also quarintines anything coming from gmail. thus making it difficult to e-mail professors or anyone on campus as needed.

9. icecold0913 macrumors member

thanks for the info guys. I'm still waiting for my school to respond to see whether they support IMAP, if not it'll obviously be fixed with 2.0.

Finally, I won't have to login on Safari all the time to check my school mail... what a pain in the a** that is!