iPad Pro Need Help Setting Up Duet Display with iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Newbert, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Newbert macrumors member

On recommendation from a few people on these forums, I just purchased and installed the "Duet Display" app. After a few glitches downloading the client software for Windows onto my Windows 7 laptop, I've gotten things working and I'm pretty impressed so far. However, there's one thing that I can't figure out.

I want the IPP to duplicate what's displayed on my laptop (NOT extend the display), and I figured out how to do that in Windows Control Panel. However, that setting won't "stick". IOW, after I exit out of Duet Display on the client side (the laptop), then re-start it, the setting goes right back to "extend the desktop". :(

The reason that I close, then re-open on the client side is that the laptop display's resolution changes when Duet Display is running so that the Windows desktop no longer fills the screen. I suspect the problem may be a mismatch of screen resolutions between the laptop and the IPP.

My laptop's native screen resolution is 1366x768 and can go no higher than that. When I view my choices on Windows 7 control panel for setting the IPP's resolution as a 2nd monitor, I get a number of choices, but none are 1366x768. :(

So, is there a way for me to have both the laptop and IPP display the same thing with each at full screen? If so, what do I need to do to accomplish that? For those of you using "Duet Display" and an IPP, what resolution do you have the IPP's screen set at?

Thanks!

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why do you want to duplicate the display? If you want to just have your iPP show your laptop screen, then maybe what you want is a remote control app, like splashtop or teamviewer.

3. Newbert thread starter macrumors member

Yeah - on second thought, I've gotten used to it as an extended (not duplicate) display now. I've got it working for my purposes now.

Thanks.