Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

higgalls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
Hey,

I am giving Mail.app a go to see what it is like, but I am having some problems. Now the problems are probably related to me being a Windows person and only switching over to a Mac a few months ago, so I am still trying to work it all out.

Basically, I am using Entourage 2008, and I have my folders as follows:
Inbox
-> Church
-> Ebay
-> Forums
-> Internet
-> Morling

How do I set this all up in Mail.app? It has the 'Inbox' and 'Sent' under 'Mailboxes', but then the other mailboxes I create it puts them under 'On my mac'. Is there a way to combine them all in the 1 list, rather than having them separated?

I do not use IMAP - only POP.

How does everyone else have their Mail folders set up? (just the Inbox one and then use Smart folders?? - I would probably prefer not to do this method).

Thanks.

Regards,
Chris :)

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
When I was setting mine up I was also confused by this. However I don't think it makes any difference that all Mailboxes (except in and trash) are located under ON MY MAC. It does seems strange that mailboxes aren't under Mailboxes but I believe this is just the way Mail does it.

higgalls

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
When I was setting mine up I was also confused by this. However I don't think it makes any difference that all Mailboxes (except in and trash) are located under ON MY MAC. It does seems strange that mailboxes aren't under Mailboxes but I believe this is just the way Mail does it.

Yeah it certainly does seem strange to me, coming from Windows.

Is there any way to have just the one Trash and one Junk Mailbox, instead of one for my email account and then also for "on my mac" account?

Cheers,
Chris :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.