Need Help Setting Up Time Capsule

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by winty03, May 13, 2008.

1. winty03 macrumors regular

Good Morning all,

Just was wondering if anyone had a good how to or tutorial in setting up a time capsule? What I am looking to do is the following and the equipment I current have connected.

Equipment:
    --cable modem
    --time capsule
    --(cat 5e wired) 2 windows xp pro boxes (one dell opiplex and one custom built)
    --(wireless) macbook pro

what I am looking to do is the following:
    --set up time capsule with security and hide network SSID
    --set up time capsule to be split into 500gb for mbp backup using time machine and the other 500gb to be file storage for any computer on the network.
    --forward or open some ports for incoming remote desktop connections for my 2 windows boxes.
    --possible, hook up usb brother printer to time capsule for all computer printing

I have yanked my other router, so the time capsule and computers is all I am working with, is this something I will be able to get done calling Apple support. Or something I will have to stumble through. I am a switcher so am pretty green with OS X.

2. winty03 thread starter macrumors regular

Update: I believe I got everything up and running, my only question yet I have is how do I access the TC from my windows machine...for file backup....to store certain files on it?

3. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

Time Capsule should appear in your My Computer explorer window. Or you can go to Network (Can't remember what it's called on XP! Think its My Network Places)

Insert your TC username and password, and you are done.

Hope this helps