need help - software update now no internet

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Low, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Low macrumors member

hello mac'ers

i have a slight problem. i performed a software update on my pb and now i am no longer able to get on the internet. my aiport card is turned on and i am putting the right password in it, but it isnt working. i was just trying to update my itunes to get my iphone working but in the midst of things, i can no longer get to the net after i performed a reboot.

here are my specs:
    pb12 revA

any help would be appreciated!

tia!

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Can you get on the 'net via a wired connection? If you can, that suggests that your wireless access point is just confused, and needs to be reset. This is simple to do - just pull out the power cable, put it back in, and wait for the access point to finish starting up.

3. Low thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the reply.

yeah i can get to it through the wired method, but this happens often when i do an a software update. not sure what it is though. i still cant connect..and i notice that my itunes doesnt detect my iphone. although iphoto detects my iphone/.

4. shortelvis macrumors member

Ummm

How about rebooting and holding the apple key, option, P and R for two reset chimes? Ummm, have you repaired permissions? Well, that's all I get, guess I need to get certified...