Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
If you're talking about the "Continue Reading" links I don't see any CSS applied to it to try to make it look like a button. Are you sure you uploaded the CSS? You may also have an issue with your CSS selector.

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
If you're talking about the "Continue Reading" links I don't see any CSS applied to it to try to make it look like a button. Are you sure you uploaded the CSS? You may also have an issue with your CSS selector.

Sorry, I brought it down because I was working on it. I put the CSS in the Stylesheet. Everything works except for the background of the button. I uploaded the image, but it does not work. Any ideas?

astroot

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
All of your other images are in the images directory. It's not finding your gif files for the button.

nuxx

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Tokyo
Code:
background:transparent url(/wp-content/themes/mystique/imagesbg_button_a.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;

You're missing a forward slash after images. I would also change it to a path relative to your themes directory;

Code:
background:transparent url(images/bg_button_a.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Code:
background:transparent url(/wp-content/themes/mystique/imagesbg_button_a.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;

You're missing a forward slash after images. I would also change it to a path relative to your themes directory;

Code:
background:transparent url(images/bg_button_a.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;

For some reason it's still not working.

nuxx

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Tokyo
Using the full URL, I can directly access other images on your site, for example your youtube button.

But when I try the same with bg_button_a.gif, this is what I get.

Are you certain the image is located where you think it is?

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Using the full URL, I can directly access other images on your site, for example your youtube button.

But when I try the same with bg_button_a.gif, this is what I get.

Are you certain the image is located where you think it is?

That's weird. I can work that out later. I just tried using the YouTube icon that we know we can access and the background still does not work. Seems like an issue with the code, not the image.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
That's weird. I can work that out later. I just tried using the YouTube icon that we know we can access and the background still does not work. Seems like an issue with the code, not the image.

The Youtube image didn't work because you used a relative path instead of an absolute one, you were forgetting the first forward slash. I was able to get the image to show using Firebug after adding that slash. So the code is fine. Are you sure you have the right capitalization and the correct extension on the image?

celticpride678

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
The Youtube image didn't work because you used a relative path instead of an absolute one, you were forgetting the first forward slash. I was able to get the image to show using Firebug after adding that slash. So the code is fine. Are you sure you have the right capitalization and the correct extension on the image?

I kinda gave up on that image and just made a quick one in Photoshop. It works fine now. Thanks for all the help.

brisbaneguy29

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
Brisbane
With wordpress use this

background:transparent url('images/bg_button_a.gif') no-repeat scroll right top;

If you,look at the other css that comes with wordpress they always put '' around the images in the CSS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.