Need help syncing iPhone to new macbook pro please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FmaxTurboSi, Mar 3, 2011.

1. FmaxTurboSi macrumors regular

Okay so I searched already and all the posts refer to transferring everything from an old computer to a new computer. Problem is.......my old HP crashed and I can't transfer anything over from it.

So, I need help syncing my iPhone to my new macbook without losing everything. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

what are you looking to sync? MobileMe is always an option, if you're looking to retrieve songs theres the iRip2 app that works like Senuti that can grab songs off the iPhone and put them on the computer..

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

What do you need help transferring? Photos, Contacts, apps? Perhaps if you could be more specific, I could give you some help.

4. FmaxTurboSi thread starter macrumors regular

I don't want to lose all of my songs, contacts, pictures, and apps. Do I just hit the "backup" button in iTunes???

5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

No a backup wont help....Keep iTunes closed for now..
    Are the pics in the camera roll?
    Are you using Mac or PC?

6. FmaxTurboSi thread starter macrumors regular

the have pics in my camera roll and photo library.
    Using macbook pro. This is my first mac, so I feel lost at times LOL

7. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

To get the pics out of your camera roll.
    1) Connect your phone to your Mac. IF iTunes opens, close it!
    2) If you have photos in the camera roll on your phone, iPhoto should recognize your phone as a camera and open with the option to transfer your photos to your Mac.
    3) Click on the import all tab in upper right corner, or just select the ones that you want and import those,
    4) After the photos have downloaded to your computer, you can separate them into Albums, witch can then be selected in iTunes and later synced back to your phone.

Check iPhoto, to make sure that the photos downloaded, before deleting from your phone.

8. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

9. Quesavilla macrumors newbie

I just received my MBP today and ran into the EXACTx10 problem as you. iRip worked flawlessly for a small price of $17.95, using the facebook discount. You can see it working and thats the best part. I even called Apple and they told me to google this matter since the phones are made not to do what we needed them to do. iRip seems to be the only fair solution.

10. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Irip2 is indeed a nice app, but the phone and iTunes will do the same thing and you could have saved $18.00. In iTunes, if you click on your device in the left pane, and select "Transfer Purchases", guess what that will do....Just because the Apple "Tech" didn't know that doesn't mean that the iPhone has no way of doing it.

11. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

But that will only transfer the media purchased from iTunes, not anything loaded via a CD or something.