Need help syncing ipod touch and Macbook pro

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by italiangirl65, Sep 7, 2009.

1. italiangirl65 macrumors newbie

I figured out how to get my music from my ipod touch. I purchased the Zenbe lists app on my MAC through itunes. I can't sync it to my ipod touch as I keep getting the message that the syncing will replace all apps on my ipod touch. Having the same issue with photos. Anybody know how to help me out?

2. celticpride678

Are you using two different computers to sync your iPod. Please clarify.

3. italiangirl65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry about that. My ipod touch was originally using my Vista PC. I got a new MAC and wanted to put the itunes library on there. I want to use ical with the ipod touch. I've synced the calendars. I then purchased the Zenbe lists app on itunes (using the MAC). When i go to sync the apps I get the message that everything on my ipod will be replaced. I get the same message with photos. I obviously don't want to lose the things on the ipod touch that aren't on the MAC. Hope this was a little more clear for you.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

I think your basic issue is that the iPod is only intended as a mirror to the iTunes data base. If you were previously using music and apps on the Windows system, you have to move the database to the Mac. Normally, you have to do it all on one computer and when you 'sync' iTunes basically ignores what's on the iPod and replaces it with what is in iTunes.

hope this gives you some idea.

5. italiangirl65 thread starter macrumors newbie