Carrier Need HELP!! T-Mobile 6S+ work for Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Manzella, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Manzella macrumors newbie

Manzella

Hey Macrumors! I woke up at 8am to reserve a phone in store and the only one I could reserve was a T mobile IPhone 6S+. They were sold out of Verizon. Would the T-mobile Version work on Verizon? I searched everywhere to find a answer. My appointment is at 11 so kinda wanna know before I look stupid in the store haha... Thanks in advanced!

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Yes, if you are paying full retail price it will be unlocked and work with verizon.

3. Manzella thread starter macrumors newbie

Manzella

Yes I am buying the phone outright and I'm putting my Verizon sim in there.

My question is if I reserve a phone in store do I have to the upgrade program? The website seems to put those two together

4. Chatter macrumors 6502a

No. Just tell them "full price sale please" and swipe the card. You are done.

5. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Yes, I just did this a few days ago. Reserved a T-Mobile iPhone 6s+. Went to the store and was waited on immediately. They brought it out within 2 minutes and asked if I wanted to do payment plan or cash. I said cash. They asked if I wanted AppleCare. I said yes. Swiped my card, and walked out with the phone. Apple truly has the buying experience down to a science. I intend to use it with AT&T, but on T-Mobile for a few more weeks.

6. ScottC7 macrumors regular

ScottC7

If I were to buy a T-Mobile unlocked iPhone 6S+ via the iPhone Upgrade Program, with the intention of immediately putting my AT&T SIM into it to continue using my current AT&T service, it sounds as though this would work just fine...yes?

Are there differences in the number or type of radio bands in each carrier version? In other words, am I better off buying the AT&T version of the phone instead of the T-Mobile version because there are more or different radio antenna bands in it?

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The upgrade program phones are suppose to be unlocked, so it should work just fine. The only different between the carrier phones is the ATT model has an extra band (band 30). IMO, this will help it retain a higher resale value down the road.

8. ScottC7 macrumors regular

ScottC7

Got it - thanks. So if I am willing to wait for an AT&T model, I can buy one unlocked (iPhone Upgrade Program) with Band 30 in it. Thanks for the response.

9. mofoliar macrumors regular

mofoliar

I just went into apple store and bout tmobile umlocked and put my lady's verizon sim when i got back home and vala....