need help to alter passcode lock

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jojoba, Jan 30, 2012.

1. jojoba macrumors 68000

My university has an 'installation guide' for configuring all my work related stuff (calendar, email, wireless settings etc) on my iPad. I set it up a couple of months ago and in general it works great.

However, it seems to have 'locked' the pass code set up at two minutes. I can no longer go in and alter the time duration in the Settings/General page - the option is 'faded'. When I tap on 'passcode lock', the option for 'turn passcode off' is also faded. It's annoying because I use my iPad for taking notes in seminars, and I don't want to have to deal with unlocking it twenty times every hour between note taking.

When I slide the 'simple passcode' from 'on' to 'off', I get prompted to change my passcode, which isn't what I want to do, either.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's annoying :mad:

2. jojoba thread starter macrumors 68000

OK, I think I just solved my own problem. There's a setting where I can ask the pass code to kick in after 15 min, one hour, etc.

3. seeharrison macrumors regular

seeharrison

This may also be a restriction set by your employer. My employer forces an 8 character pass code and after 6 failed attempts your device gets wiped. There is no way for me to change it or override it.

4. jojoba thread starter macrumors 68000

That's probably it. I have sixteen attempts set for me, so that must have been part of that process.

It would have been handy to be able to turn that function on or off myself, but now that I found the time lag feature that helps quite a bit. I wish there was a caffeine app for iPad, though.