Need help to find a vanilla/no-name truly clear TPU case for iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by timidhermit, Jul 31, 2011.

1. timidhermit, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011

timidhermit macrumors 6502

I can't believe how much trouble I am having trying to find a case for my iPad 1 with the following attributes:

1. semi-soft TPU case (not silicon, or acrylic) for the back, must cover all the edges (i.e., not corner-mounted only).
    2. must be entirely CLEAR (i.e., see-thorough/transparent), not even frosted.
    3. no hole in the center (many case has a hole in the middle to show off the Apple logo).
    4. no company logo anywhere (especially on the back, even if the lettering is nearly clear or embossed)

I had browsed through all major brands, like Belkin, Griffin, Targus, iLuv, etc, and cannot find any. I also browsed through eBay to try to find some generic brands, and still cannot find any. I even browsed through a long thread posted in this forum from months ago on cases, but many of the links no longer work or the cases mentioned do not meet my need.

Can someone help?

2. pchan0 macrumors regular

pchan0

Belkin Grip Vue Clear. I got one on eBay and I love this thing, perfect fitment, crystal clear!

Only downside for you is the Belkin name at the back, but not very noticeable.

I found it for $11CDN shipped.

3. timidhermit thread starter macrumors 6502

Looking at the photos in the review of this case, it looks that the back is frosted, not clear though. Am I correct?

4. zhoulana macrumors member

5. timidhermit thread starter macrumors 6502

6. pchan0 macrumors regular

pchan0

Its crystal clear.

Search for this,

BELKIN Grip Vue Clear TPU Case Cover for Apple iPad

Its $8.99

Hope they make one for the iPad 2.:eek:

7. timidhermit thread starter macrumors 6502

Is this the case you are referring to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zNgASyt9jc (start around 04:00 instead of the beginning)

If it is, it is frosted, not crystal clear.

8. xraytech macrumors 68030

There is no such thing as a completely Crystal Clear TPU Case.

9. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Uh, then how do you explain the completely clear TPU case sitting on my desk? :confused:

10. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Because it's probably a PC case and not TPU.

11. timidhermit thread starter macrumors 6502

I know such material is possible, because my friend has a no-name TPU (not acrylic) case for iPad 2 that is truly clear (not frosted). That was why I was searching for one but for iPad 1 instead of iPad 2. In addition, I once owned a TPU case (but lost it since) that was truly clear in the center to show through the Apple logo but the rest of it was frosted.

12. swiftbmx macrumors regular

timid, I know it's no help to you but perhaps you can tell me or link me to the iPad 2 case in clear TPU?