Need help to find CLEAR TPU soft case for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by timidhermit, Apr 11, 2012.

1. timidhermit macrumors regular

I am surprised by how difficult it is to find a back case for my new iPad (3rd Gen) with the following features:

1. soft (TPU, but not silicone)
    2. crystal clear / completely transparent, with no pattern of any sort & no logo of the company
    3. does not have an open slot to accommodate smart cover (I do not use a smart cover).

Can someone recommends some leads?

2. Viper2005, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Impossible to make crystal clear soft TPU, only frosted (the flexible components make the plastic slightly opaque). If u want crystal clear then the plastic will have to be polycarbonate (hard plastic but more brittle).
    Just wait for the switcheasy nude case to come out for ipad3.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Yep, the only totally clear shells or cases I know of are Speck...I have them on my MBP and my MBA, but not sure if they make iPad versions...Google should help.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

As clear as you'll get....

Good case, good fit.....GOOD price

Click Me

5. timidhermit thread starter macrumors regular

This is not true at all.

I have a TPU case with these features for my iPad 2. Here is a photo.

[​IMG]

However, I can't find the same for the new iPad. The case I have for the iPad 2 was a no-brand case I got from a dollar store.

Any suggestion?

6. barryl85 macrumors regular

7. timidhermit thread starter macrumors regular

Huh? Please see the photo I posted in a previous post. It is that of a TPU case for the iPad 2 that is completely clear. Alas, it does not fit the iPad 3. Thus, I am looking for one similar to this for the new iPad.

----------

Barryl85,

Interesting lead. The case looks like a hard plastic case. I think the TPU description on Amazon is bogus (incorrect). It is difficult to tell from the single photo which is just stock photo/render. I can't tell the material from the photo.