Need help to study for a computer science test.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by K3mp, Mar 17, 2009.

1. K3mp macrumors 6502

I am a freshman in HS. I am officially in BCA, but I help out at school on tech squad. BCA is a state required class that is why I am still in it. Today I found out that I am going to the local college's literary rally to represent my school in computer sciences this Friday. The problem is I have never been in a computer science class so I have never had a test on it and don't know what to study. It is not that I don't know the info I just don't know what is on the test. For example should I start getting info on hardware or software related things or both? I'm going to ask my computer teachers about it tomorrow. Any help is appreciated.

2. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

lozanoj83

If its C++ I can help. I just took my final yesterday and I have a practice final I can share

3. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Computer science is a VERY broad subject. It could be anything from theoretical physics to psychology. I suspect though, that at high school level it will probably be general hardware and software theories and practices. Even then it's pretty broad. I would ask someone who has done the quiz before, or somebody more directly involved.

4. K3mp thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok just an update it was today. The whole thing was on C++. I don't know C++. I got 2nd place with a 41/46. I am moving on to state.

5. lAciDl macrumors member

how did you pull that off if you don't know the language? i studied CS in HS in some in college and a lot of the stuff was very in depth and someone who had no knowledge of it wouldn't comprehend whats going on.

6. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

what does this test cover? API/syntax or algorithms?