Need help to unlock Verizon 4S, with compensate

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by klyment, Jan 20, 2013.

1. klyment macrumors newbie

long story short, I was told that borrowing someone's verizon line to request for an unlock for iphone 4s is possible,so if it's true ,and if you are available please contact me :goldencard888@gmail.com my friend , I will compensate you for your effort.I save up 2 months salary to get an iphone 4s from ebay, and I love the phone so so much ,as you do.but it's frustrated to use it as an ipod in my country .so ,if you can help me ,please spare 10 minutes to help, I will be appreciate ,thank you so much.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Good luck.
    Only the original owner can ask verizon to unlock it for international use.

3. 0007776 Suspended

In theory what he's asking for should work, but good luck getting anyone to help out as they would have to activate his phone on their account. I'm not sure if it can actually get activated on Verizon without being in a Verizon service area when it's being activated. OP my suggestion is to find one of the people selling unlocks on ebay and pay for that.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think per verizons rules the phone has to be activated and in service with them for 3 months and account in good standing etc.....
    Also ebay has put an end to those unlocking services a few days ago so he would have to find an unlock somewhere else.

5. 0007776 Suspended

It's just the line has to have been in service for 3 months and be in good standing, it could have had a different phone on it for all of those 3 months. I did essentially what the OP is asking with one of my parents lines. They had an extra upgrade available that they weren't going to use, so they let me use it, I activated the phone on their line, and the next day called Verizon to unlock it, then put my parents old phone back on the line. There is a restriction that you can only get one unlock on a line every 6 months or so. So in theory the OP could get someone to let him activate his phone on their line, call Verizon for the unlock and once that is done put the other person's phone back on, but I doubt you'll find someone that will go along with that.

And I hadn't heard that about ebay shutting down the unlocks, that sucks...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that new ebay restriction does suck.
    About the rest maybe you can help him out if he kicks in some money for your time:D

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Yea, when I loan someone my iPhone (never happen) to take to a foreign land (where I know it wont work) I expect they'll want to futz around with it (but not inform or ask me).

Right.

8. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

there are verizon unlocks for iphones in ebay

they are very very pricey tho http://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-USA...358?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3cce4c99c6

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced