Need Help transferring iTunes Library from my touch to my replacement MBP Please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zepharus, Oct 7, 2007.

1. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I just received a replacement MacBook Pro tonight after my old one went kaput.

My question is this. I really need some super help. My 8GB Touch has my iTunes library and all my contacts on it. I know there are a number of programs out there that copy your ipod to the new Mac or PCs iTunes program. I DO NOT want to lose all my music, but every program I have tried does not recognize the iPod Touch. and if I sync to this new Mac's iTunes I will lose everything. Please help!

2. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

3. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

I have tried Sentui, irepo, ipodrip,music rescue and ipodcopy.

NOTHING sees the iPod Touch. Am I doing something wrong?

4. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Chances are you aren't doing anything wrong.

Ive heard bits here and there that none of these programs work do to the lacking of a disk mode on the iPod Touch.

I may be wrong, but you might be outta luck until someone figures this out.

5. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Man say it aint so. Thats a ton of music on there and a good chunk of it paid for too. Anyone? Bueller?

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You may be SOL.

7. thegrandmaster macrumors regular

thegrandmaster

Hey if you can find a program that will work, you can always go the 'low tech' and incredibly slow, painful, ridiculous and silly route or rerecording all of your music through the headphone jack on your touch into Garageband.

But that's about as practical as a square wheel... better than nothing though.

8. gvegastiger macrumors regular

You might want to try a Genius Bar and see if they can help you figure something out. Thats a last ditch effort though.

9. LordEntropy macrumors regular

That is absolutely what you should do as it was not your fault your MBP went boom (well I assume it wasn't) Apple need to help you out with this as it was their decision to make this sort of thing nigh on impossible by removing this option many moons ago.

Will be interested to see how you get on with this

10. wongulous macrumors 6502a

So how did you not have a backup at least offered by Apple upon replacing your MBP? Or not have a backup generally?

Anyway, you're totally out of luck until the iPod touch gets hacked. It is all secure transfer and encrypted so there's no way to use it as a disk mode or even access the storage portions of it. Remember how difficult it is to get the entire flash memory of the iPhone to access the OS and figure out a way to hack it? Yeah, it's the same issue to get your music accessed on the iPod touch. Sorry...

11. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Thanks for the replies folks. This really sucks, looks ike its off to the apple store... hmmm lets make an appointment..

12. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

I imagine the only thing they'll be able to do is allow you to redownload the music assuming you purchased it from the iTunes store.

This should be a lesson to you to backup your data in the future.

13. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Thanks Dad....