Need help transferring iTunes to new computer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Brainless24, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Brainless24 macrumors member

I nees to transfer ALL of my iTunes music to my new MBP, can I just put all of my music onto a flash drive and then deauthorize that computer, then put songs from flashdrive on the MBP and authorize that computer? If I do this will my music still be organized like it was on my ild PC? Like album name, artist, title, etc? Answer ASAP please and thanks in advance!

2. scbond, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013

scbond macrumors 6502

Just copy the contents of the iTunes folder over to the same folder on the new machine...or, like me, avoid using the iTunes folder as much as possible because it's stupid.

3. Brainless24 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, please next person answer my question.

4. sunnyj, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013

sunnyj macrumors 6502

do you want to transfer the playlists and music from your old pc to your new mbp?

you will have to change the directory path in the iTunes xml file. if you want to keep the retain date added and other metadata i would suggest you carbon copy the iTunes music folder to your new computer.
    [​IMG]

5. brainwave89 macrumors 6502

6. Brainless24 thread starter macrumors member

To answer some questions, no Idont care about playlists, all i want is all my music on my new MBP, and it to be organized like it was (albums, artists).

----------

All I really want to know if I can do what I described on the first post, on a flash drive.